We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic volunteer with good attention to detail and fresh ideas to help out with our festival marketing.
Main duties would include:
- Updating of the Folk Weekend Marketing and Comms plan for the 2017 festival, in association with the Festival Director
- Adding festival details to local and national listings sites
- Researching useful advertising opportunities; booking adverts; liaising with FAO Admin Manager on invoices to be paid
- Drafting press releases (usually 4-5 per year) and sending to press contacts
- Preparing posts for social media; creating soundcloud playlists for current artists; collation of artist social media/youtube links for posting to FW pages
- Liaising with local press regarding coverage of Folk Weekend
- Liaising with graphic designer; drafting copy for adverts and posters; page plan for festival programme; collation of copy for festival programme
There is an opportunity for any interested parties to spend some time within Folk Weekend HQ during the 2016 festival, to give you an idea of how the festival runs and how the committee works together. Please let Cat know if you are interested in doing this.