We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed volunteer to take on the role of Health and Safety & First Aid co-ordinator for Folk Weekend.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with Logistics Manager and Stewards Co-ordinator to create a strategy for First Aid cover during the festival. (A good start was made on this by the previous volunteer.)
- Review of current Risk Assessments, and carrying out risk assessments on any new venues. This will especially relate to first aid kit provision; the presence of a qualified first-aider on site at each venue; fire evacuation procedures; capacity; child safety issues; sanitation; and any other site specific matters.
- Overview of general H&S matters and procedures; including (but not limited to) cash handling, manual handling, lost child and such like. Reviewing annually and updating where necessary, advising Festival Director on anything additional needed.
- Ensuring Venue Packs are all complete and hold current information about the venue, and the appropriate RIDDOR forms (in association with Logistics Manager)
- Briefing Folk Weekend stewards at the start of the festival concerning general health and safety matters (in association with the Stewards Coordinator).
- Liaising with each Venue Manager during the course of the event to check that it is running smoothly, and inspecting venues more generally if needed.
- Being on call for any health and safety incident that occurs during the festival, taking appropriate action to deal with the incident, and reporting of any such incidents through RIDDOR.
There is an opportunity for interested volunteers to spend some time within the Logistics Team at Folk Weekend 2016, to see how the festival runs and get a feel for how the committee work together. If you are interested in this please let Cat know.